Monday, 8 May 2017

10 things I've learned in my 20s so far

I turned 21 last September, so I am of legal age all around the world. And your 20s are your selfish and reckless years and it's the decade where you get so many opportunities and you're free to do whatever you want to do and achieve in life. Those years can be the most confusing, scariest and best years of your life. And I am just at the beginning. I am rushing through every feeling you are able to feel. I feel lost sometimes, I am confused, I am scared, I am happy, I am curious, I am passionated, I am excited, I am sad, I am angry, I am hilarious, I am ambitious and sometimes I feel confident and sometimes shy. There is a lot going on in my head and there is a lot going on in my real life. New opportunities, new people, new cultures, new countries, new jobs - just a whole lot of new experiences. And here are the most important life lessons I have learned so far.

1. Do what YOU want to do and not what everyone else wants you to do.
Listen to your heart, only you know what you really wanna do. So find out what you want in life and do what makes your soul happy.

2. Do NOT compare yourself to others.
It can be tough to hear what everyone from your old school is doing and who has finished this and that and it seems like everyone's got a plan instead of you. But just keep doing what you doing, everyone is different, so take your time. Most people in their 20s don't actually have a plan what they are doing.

3. Don't try to find your passion, go out and do what you love, passion will FOLLOW.
Just take your heart with you wherever you go and whatever you do. If you do something you love, passion will follow. Don't get stucked and wait for something to happen, just go out in the world and live life.

4. Travel a lot - and go somewhere ALONE.
There is nothing more life changing than going to an incredible place somewhere far away from home. You will meet interesting people with different backgrounds, you will change (for the better) and you will probably get to know yourself better.

5. Move OUT of your parents home.
You will feel independent and you will learn a lot. You have to learn how to manage your money, you have to look after yourself and you don't have to explain yourself for whatever you do. It is a great way to learn about life early on.

6. Love YOURSELF and love a lot.
It is so important to have a good relationship with yourself. To be happy is a place that comes from within. So spend time with yourself. Go out and have breakfast on your own, explore a city on your own, go and get a massage. Get to know yourself better - you have to be with yourself for the rest of your life at least.

7. Take chances that SCARE you.
Step out of your comfort zone and take risks. That's where the magic happens. Dreams are going to die when you are stucked in your comfort zone.

8. Do NOT care about what others think about you.
It doesn't matter. You only have that one life, so live life like you want it to live and don't care what others think about you. It doesn't matter in the end of the day. It only matters how you feel about yourself.

9. Surround yourself with positive and diverse PEOPLE.
Open your mind to new cultures, backgrounds, ideas and ways of living. That's how you grow and that's how you learn about life. You can learn a lot from people from all around the world! Stay away from negative people and keep your circle positive.

10. Don't rush and take your TIME.
It is normal to do mistakes, especially in your 20s. Just learn from them and take your time to look back, so you can find your purpose. Don't be in a rush to become who you are going to be. Enjoy who you are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment